Wednesday, October 1, 2014

About Me

I would just like to say that it has always been difficult for me to fill in the about me section for every social media account, questionnaire, job application, etc.  I don't know why, but when I get asked that in person, on screen, or on paper, I blank or I ask my self "Who am I". So forgive this following message I am trying to disclose.

My name is Madeline and I am 28 years old. I have 3 older brothers, and 4 older sisters. I was raised with 4 siblings that share my mom and dad, and I’m the baby! My dad is an awesome man who is still very much a big part of our (all the siblings I was raised with) lives. My mother was the most humble, hardworking, God fearing woman, I ever had the privilege to be raised by. She passed away July 31st 2012, about 3 months after getting diagnosed with liver cancer. I miss her every second of every day, and losing her still brings me to my knees.

I have been overweight for at least 20 years and obese for at least 15 of those years. The earliest I can remember was when I was in 5th grade and I was wearing a size 10/11. I had to share clothing with my mother since the two older sisters I lived with were in sizes 3 and 5. I wore glasses, I was overweight, quiet, and introverted, so of course I hated every year of school. Kids were so mean (not particularly to me, just in general) and to make matters worse, I already had anxiety issues. Even though it was tough at times, I somehow got through it year after year.

Fast forward to November 2013. I married my other half, and thought I could die of happiness. That was until spring 2014. When I finally SAW myself in the mirror, and actually looked at the number on the scale. I couldn't believe what I did to myself for 20+ years! How could I let things spiral out of control for so long. True, I was an unhappy person most of my life, I have been through a lot from something bad happen to me when I was a kid, to fighting anxiety and depression, to suddenly losing my Mother.

I decided enough was enough, no more letting the past have anything to do with my future! I decided to change my lifestyle and become mentally, emotionally, and physically fit and healthy. In a few years I want to have kids, and I want to be there for them for as long as I can, and to be able to always play/keep up with them while they grow up. I want to be the woman I think My Love deserves to have. I want to be the best version of myself I can be, for MYSELF! This is My Quest to Eudemonia.

No comments:

Post a Comment