Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Slowly but Surely?

I have been stuck at this current weight for over 2 and a half weeks. To make matters worse, this past week I wasn’t even reaching my calorie goals! I was under an average of 200 calories a day because I just can’t eat enough in the evenings, and since I am most hungry while at the office, that is where I eat the majority of my daily allotted calories. I have worked so hard these past 3 plus months! It took years of false starts, and months of trial and error before finding (re finding actually) what worked for me. In June, back at my highest weight (32 pounds ago), I started my Healthy Vegetarian Lifestyle.

I eat mostly fresh fruits, fresh vegetables, veggie patties, dairy, and eggs. I will have a slice of bread, rice, bran cereal, a tortilla, or corn chips every few days. When money is tight, I will have a small frozen meal, but I still abide by an 80/20 rule. I work out at home or at the gym 3 times a week, and I use MFP to count my calories. I have dropped weight and clothing sizes. All of the clothes that were tight when starting my journey are now too loose to wear. Stuff that didn’t go over my hips now zip up and fit nicely. I am down 32 pounds, I went from a 22/24 (I was busting out of 22 but only had the heart to buy a couple 24’s) to a 19/20, and from a 3x to a 1x/2x (1x blouses and 2x non dressy tops). I don’t know why I get so impatient.


Three weeks ago I even deactivated my personal Facebook and Instagram Pages, just to eliminate any more distractions from my weight loss journey. It was getting annoying too. People whine so much and don’t do anything to change what they’re whining about. I have fallen completely in love with my instagram #fitfam I look forward to seeing everyone’s journey, every day. It helps me keep myself accountable, it encourages me, and it keeps me entertained and focused. It’s just awesome to know that there are other people out there in the real world going through the same thing. I guess I need to take my own advice and keep my eye on the prize.


-Madeline

No comments:

Post a Comment