Monday, October 5, 2015

KETO

Ok, so it has been a long time since I last blogged. Just putting this up here for the few who care, and know that I will not edit this for grammar, punctuation or spelling. 

I decided to try lchf again by following a ketogenic eating style, macros being 5% carbs 20% protein 75% fat. If I have learned anything in the last year and a half-ish, it is:
·        
     Find what works for your body. Every person’s body is different and in order to find what works for you, you have to experiment a little.
o   Whether that is following a program like or a style of eating like, ‘clean’ eating, paleo, whole30, vegetarian, vegan, primal, lchf, south beach, then zone, volumetrics, macrobiotics, raw food, Nutrisystem Atkins, WW, 21 day fix way, just counting calories, or creating and following your own Micro/Macro plan.
o   Whether it’s running, beach body workout videos, lifting, cardio only, lifting only, total body workouts, Zumba, insanity, P90x, Cize, T-25, Jillian Michaels, bodybuilding.com plans, jazzercise, Richard Simmons videos, YouTube routines, googling exercises, or having a personal workout schedule made by a trainer/coach.
·        Don’t be afraid to change it up. Your body will get used to every routine you create, so remember to tweak it every now and then.
o   Try cutting down 50-100 calories a day for a couple weeks
o   Try increasing your calories by 50-100 calories per day for a week
o   Try adding total body strength/lifting to your cardio only routine. (lift first then cardio, so that you reach the zone quicker in cardio)
o   If you’re only lifting and strength training, try adding cardio after.
o   Add 15 minutes to your workouts.
o   Take a rest day if you aren’t already
o   If you’re sick, rest or you will take longer to get well.

·         Don’t give up (even when you hit a plateau every couple months)
         
·    Enjoy the journey (this is a lifestyle change. In order to lose the weight (or gain, depending on your goals) and maintain, you need to go about it in a fashion that is realistic to achieve and maintain for the rest of your life. Remember that reaching the goal is part of the battle, maintaining it for life is another part.

I learned that I am not going to put a time restriction on my goals. Why? Because I don’t want to feel pressured or rushed. I’ve seen quite a few people on Social Media who have lost a huge amount of weight in a fairly short amount of time, only to gain quite a bit of it back (if not all of it) in half the time it took to lose. Also, my goals are ever-changing. When I first started I just wanted to reach a healthy weight. Now, I want to reach a healthy weight for my body, healthy fat percentage and have quite a bit of muscle.

So here I go on what seems like the 100th turn in my journey...

No comments:

Post a Comment